These 25 Easter basket ideas for kids are creative items you *want* your kids to have and don’t include candy. Although you can add some, of course!
Updated February 2023
Do you know what’s going into your children’s Easter baskets this year? If you need a little help, here are 25 creative Easter basket ideas! And there’s no candy in the bunch!
This selection will promote creativity, imagination, and active play long after the Easter candy is gone.
Easter Basket Ideas for 2023
Note: These items are all sold through Amazon which makes it extra easy to shop this year. You can see some more of our kids’ Easter Basket ideas in The Artful Parent’s Amazon storefront.
Arts and Crafts Supplies
- Draw or paint with the long lasting Stabilo Woodies, perfect for younger artists.
- Tempera paint sticks are a favorite for young artists and these pastels are perfect for Easter!
- These gel crayons are so vibrant and buttery soft, wonderful for preschoolers.
- Watercolor paints and a pad of watercolor paper are so much fun!
- Slipe a few rolls of washi or colored masking tape rolls into your child’s baskets.
- Roll your own beeswax candles with this high-quality kit.
- These premium markers are high quality for the bigger kids in your home.
- Wonder Stix Chalk Crayons write on everything! Perfect for drawing on the windows as they easily wipe off!
Awesome Games in Small Sizes
- Spot It (and Spot It Jr.) are both excellent!
- eeBoo Tell Me a Story is great for storytelling and imagination!
- Tiny Polka Dot contains 16 games for 3-8 year olds.
- Dinosaur Dominoes are fun for kids of all ages.
- Go Fish – this is a fun version of the classic card game.
- The sturdy round cards from this Memory Matching Game hold up well for small hands.
- Toddler Scavenger Hunt Cards is a fun game for younger children.
Easter Basket Ideas For Creative Play
- How about a set of wooden play eggs? Kids can paint wooden eggs and use them for creative play.
- A soft stuffed rabbit is the perfect gift for kids to cuddle with.
- I LOVE the idea of playdough filled Easter eggs. Make your own playdough to fill plastic eggs.
- As for lining the basket, try a playsilk which doubles as excellent pretend play accessories (our playsilks have gotten so much use over the years). This rainbow playsilk is especially nice.
Small Gifts for Outdoor Fun
- Work out kids’ energy with a jump rope!
- And how about a wooden magnifying glass for all kinds of backyard exploring.
- Make your own seed ball kit is a fun garden activity for the whole family.
- Try this bubble blowing set and pair it with the best Homemade Bubble Recipe.
- A rainbow kite for windy spring days or beach visits.
- Sidewalk chalk for big outdoor drawing!
How about you? Do you have more creative Easter basket ideas for kids? Leave a comment below!
More Easter Crafts for Kids
- 31 Easter Crafts for Kids (+ Art Projects, Easter Activities & More!)
- 11 Creative Easter Egg Ideas for Kids To Try This Year
- 8 Easter Arts & Crafts Ideas for Kids this Spring
Pin It for Later