These 25 Easter basket ideas for kids are creative items you *want* your kids to have and don’t include candy. Although you can add some, of course!
Do you know what’s going into your children’s Easter baskets this year?
If you need a little help, here are 25 creative Easter basket ideas!
No candy in the bunch!
This selection will promote creativity, imagination, and active play long after the Easter candy is gone.
Creative Easter Basket Ideas for Kids
Note: These items are all sold through Amazon which makes it extra easy to shop this year. You can see some more of my kids’ Easter Basket ideas in The Artful Parent’s Amazon storefront.
Kids Art Supplies Perfect for the Easter Basket
- A sketchbook and metallic colored pencils for drawing and doodling.
- Faber-Castell Watercolor Crayons work great!
- Neon watercolors and a pad of watercolor paper are so much fun!
- Do a Dot Markers are especially good for younger kids.
- Neon Oil Pastels are so vibrant and awesome for both big and little kids.
- Washi tape rolls are perfect for all kinds of crafty fun.
- We love Tempera Paint Sticks and these pastel colors are perfect for Easter!
- Wonder Stix Chalk Crayons write on everything! We love to use them to draw pictures on our windows!
Awesome Games in Small Sizes
- Spot It (and Spot It Jr.) are both excellent!
- eeBoo Tell Me a Story is great for storytelling and imagination!
- Cat’s Cradle is a classic independent game that never goes out of style!
- Dinosaur Dominoes are fun for kids of all ages.
- Go Fish – this is a fun and artful version of the classic card game.
- We love the images in this Memory Matching Game. They have so many versions with all kinds of fun themes, and we also love the sturdy round cards for small hands.
- Toddler Scavenger Hunt Cards is a fun game for younger children.
Easter Basket Ideas For Kids Pretend Play
- How about a set of wooden play eggs? Your kids can decorate them themselves then use them in a play kitchen…
- A soft stuffed rabbit would be much loved and snuggled.
- I LOVE the idea of playdough filled Easter eggs. You can either fill your own plastic eggs or buy some Play-Doh Eggs.
- As for lining the basket, you can use a playsilk or two which double as excellent pretend play accessories (our playsilks have gotten so much use over the years). This rainbow playsilk is especially nice.
Small Gifts for Big Backyard Fun
- A jump rope would be perfect for active kids.
- A wooden magnifying glass for all kinds of backyard exploring.
- A make your own seed ball kit is a fun garden activity for the whole family.
- A bubble blowing set would be a fun addition!
- A rainbow kite for windy spring days or beach visits.
- Sidewalk chalk for springtime drawing!
Any other creative Easter basket ideas for kids?
What does your resident Easter bunny like to put in the baskets?
More Easter Fun for Kids
- 31 Easter Crafts for Kids (+ Art Projects, Easter Activities & More!)
- 11 Creative Easter Egg Ideas for Kids To Try This Year
- 8 Easter Arts & Crafts Ideas for Kids this Spring
Pin It for Later