Make this simple handmade Christmas craft card with washi tape and DIY glitter tape. These sparkly and festive cards are easy for the whole family to make.
Updated November 2022
We love making homemade Christmas cards. Here’s a super fun way to make your own glitter tape to decorate DIY cards. Or, if you’d rather skip the glitter this year, you can use washi tape!
The whole family will have fun making these cards and then sending them to friends and neighbors!
A Christmas Craft Card with Washi Tape
- Glitter in assorted colors
- Double-sided tape
- Blank cards (you can also make your own from watercolor paper)
- Washi tape (optional, but why not?)
- Imagine card design and place tape
Start by tearing off pieces of the double-sided tape and pressing them to your card in any design desired.
- Sprinkle glitter
Next, sprinkle glitter over the exposed, sticky piece of double-sided tape. If you want to use different colors of glitter, either add the tape piece by piece, or sprinkle carefully! Tip the card and shake off the excess.
Make as many cards as you would like! You can also use regular washi tape to make designs on your cards, too.
This is such a fun way to make cards! We’ve begun adding washi tape borders, designs, and elements to many of our handmade Christmas cards.
Also, we have yet to try glue dots, but we think they would work great with glitter, too!
More Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Easy Christmas Crafts for Toddlers
- 20 Homemade Christmas Ornaments the Whole Family Can Make
- 6 Christmas Card Ideas for Kids
- 11 Christmas Craft Ideas for Kids
- How to Make a Christmas Tree Craft
- Process Art Christmas Trees for Little Kids
Looking for even more holiday crafts for your family? Check out our Holiday Arts and Crafts bundle from the Kids Art Spot! 12 fun holiday activities, each with a step-by-step video tutorial and printable instructions, plus 12 fun and festive drawing invitations to encourage your kids to think and draw creatively.
Pin It for Later