Looking for some fun ways to connect with your kids this holiday season? These easy Christmas crafts are an easy and fun way to create with younger children.
Updated December 2022
Process art is the idea that the journey of creation is more important than the final product you create. It encourages kids to explore, experiment, and play.
These easy Christmas crafts are great for toddlers and preschoolers especially. They’re simple, open ended activities that make crafting together at the holidays extra special.
Christmas Crafts for Preschoolers
1. Painted Christmas trees
Little kids will especially enjoy painting big paper Christmas trees! Add ornaments made from tissue paper or pom poms and other craft materials.
2. How to Do Christmas Printmaking for Kids
Try star sponge painting for a mixed media Christmas art project! Children get to sponge paint and collage in this fun process art activity.
3. How to Make a Christmas Tree Craft
These cardboard Christmas trees really shine! They’re super fun to make with recycled materials and make the cutest handmade gifts.
4. How to Make a Christmas Craft with Popsicle Sticks
These glitter stars are so easy to make and add a beautiful sparkle around the home. Use them as ornaments to decorate the tree or hang around the house.
5. Salt Dough Ornaments for Kids
Mix up some salt dough and try making some handmade ornaments for the tree.
6. Potato Printmaking for Christmas Crafting
Potato printmaking is a classic craft perfect for all ages. Print holiday cards, DIY wrapping paper, Christmas decorations, and more!
7. How to Make Cinnamon Ornaments
Learn how to make cinnamon ornaments with applesauce that smell amazing for Christmas! An easy, natural holiday decoration for kids.
8. How To Make A Christmas Coffee Filter Garland
Use liquid watercolors in Christmas colors to paint coffee filters. Then string them up to make a festive Christmas garland!
9. How to Make Sticky Snowflakes for Kids
Create sticky snowflakes with yarn and contact paper! A fun and easy alternative to paper snowflakes for kids.
10. How to Make DIY Wrapping Paper for Kids
Learn how to make DIY wrapping paper for kids with a rolling pin and foam stickers! A fun holiday craft project.
11. How to Make Christmas Playdough
If you are looking for an easy and inexpensive holiday gift for friends and family, candy cane playdough is just what you need!
12. How to Make a Gingerbread House with Graham Crackers
Host a holiday party and have kids create their own adorable gingerbread houses, made super simple with graham crackers!
More Christmas Arts and Crafts for Kids
- 11 Christmas Crafts for Kids to Make This Holiday Season
- 20 Homemade Christmas Ornaments the Whole Family Can Make
- 12 Christmas Sensory Play Ideas for Toddlers (+ Big Kids Too!)
- 5 Natural Christmas Decorations for Kids
- 11 Salt Dough Ornaments for Kids
- 5 Holiday Books for Kids to Inspire Family Creativity
Looking for even more holiday crafts for your family? Check out our Holiday Arts and Crafts bundle from the Kids Art Spot! 12 fun holiday activities, each with a step-by-step video tutorial and printable instructions, plus 12 fun and festive drawing invitations to encourage your kids to think and draw creatively.
Pin It For Later