This Halloween spider web art project for kids combines squeezing out spooky designs with glue and then painting over them with watercolors!
Updated August 2022
You know how much children like to squeeze glue bottles?
Well, here’s a glue resist art project for kids that gives them the opportunity to squeeze out glue to their hearts content. And then they get to paint the whole thing once the glue has dried.
This makes for a perfect Halloween spider web art activity, but you could do it with any image or theme, even a completely abstract design.
How to Do Halloween Spider Web Art
- Watercolor paper or card stock (you can also cut down a piece of poster board into smaller pieces)
- White glue
- Watercolor paint (you could also use liquid watercolors)
- Make a glue design
Squeeze the glue out onto the paper into any image or design desired.
Pro tip: If you have a toddler or someone who has difficulty squeezing the bottle, offer the mini size or cut a larger hole in the top of the bottle.
- Let dry overnight
Make sure your glue is completely dry.
- Add paint!
Paint on and around the dried glue lines with watercolor paint.
That’s all! Easy and fun!
We love to see how the glue lines resist the watercolor paint!
More Halloween and Spider Web Art Ideas for Kids
- 31 Days of Halloween Activities for Kids
- How to Make A Halloween Spider Web Craft with Coffee Filters
- How to Make a Spiderweb With Marble Rolling!
- The Best Spiderweb Crafts and Activities
- 13 Awesome Halloween Craft Ideas for Kids
- Halloween Scratch Art: Spider Webs, Jack-O’-Lanterns & More
Autumn Arts & Crafts Ideas & Supplies
Download our FREE printable idea list of 31 Halloween activities for kids & families! Or just check out the blog post with the links. So many fun ideas for Halloween!
And be sure to check out our FALL family fun list in our Amazon store! It includes supplies for fall arts & crafts, autumn toys, Halloween ideas, and picture books about autumn.
And if you want even MORE Halloween arts and crafts, check out our Halloween Arts and Crafts Workshop at the Kids Art Spot, our kids art club. You’ll get 15 videos of fun and spooky art activities PLUS 17 Halloween-themed drawing prompts!
Pin It for Later