After our recent experiments with yarn on canvas, I started thinking about all the fun activities we’ve made with yarn and string over the years.
We’ve tried yarn art for kids activities with everything from printing and painting to making spider webs and installation art.
Ready? Here goes…
11 Yarn Art for Kids Activities to Try
6. Cutting practice with string (great for toddlers and preschoolers!)
10. Yarn printed eggs (from The Artful Year)
11. Yarn spider webs
Plus, of course, knitting and crocheting, which Maia wishes we would do more of but I have a bit of a hang-up about.
Also, there’s a super cool children’s book called Extra Yarn, about a little girl and what she knits with her magical yarn (thanks to Molly for telling me about it a year or so ago).
Do you have any fun yarn art for kids activities to add to the list? You know we’ll try them!
More Yarn Art for Kids
- Tree Weaving With the Third Grade on Cassie Stephens
- Paint with Yarn on Picklebums
- How to Make Artful Pom Poms on Babble Dabble Do
Pin It for Later