7 of our favorite ways to make melted pony bead suncatchers on the grill (or in the oven). These homemade suncatchers are easy to make, durable & beautiful!
We’ve made all kinds of these melted pony bead suncatchers!
- plain jane suncatchers
- fairy wands
- shapes within shapes
- & holiday suncatchers!
And I have even more ideas that I can’t wait to try!
These are the supplies you’ll need to make any of these suncatchers:
- Translucent plastic pony beads, which are widely available in craft stores and online.
- You’ll also need a metal pan of some sort, whether a cookie sheet (for many of the flat suncatchers), an old muffin tin (for the small round disks), metal cookie cutters (for the fairy wands or shaped ornaments), or a thrift store jelly mold (for the 3D hearts and stars).
- And you’ll need a way to heat and melt the beads. An oven works, but the ideal is to do this outside on a gas grill (as I do) or possibly a toaster oven as the fumes from the melting plastic are not good to breathe.
You’ll find step-by-step instructions and more tips in the posts that are linked below.
7 Ways to Make Melted Pony Bead Suncatchers on the Grill
If you’re looking for different ways to make suncatchers from plastic pony beads, here our 7 favorites:
1. Making Melted Bead Suncatchers (Basic info for getting started)
Melted bead suncatchers are easy to make from kids plastic pony beads. Follow these step-by-step instructions to make a beautiful and durable suncatcher.
Plus, here’s our latest post on How to Make Rainbow Plastic Bead Suncatchers.
2. A Melted Bead Suncatcher Mobile (And how to make shapes)
How to make a colorful melted bead suncatcher mobile from plastic pony beads. This is such a fun craft to do with kids & makes a great decoration or gift!
Make easy and beautiful melted bead art and free-form suncatchers and mobiles using translucent pony beads, thread or wire, a metal pan, and a grill.
4. Melt Beads to Make Suncatcher Hearts
You can melt beads to make suncatcher hearts, stars, words, shapes, and more if you string them on thread or wire first. Here’s an easy tutorial and photos.
5. Melted Beads Suncatchers in Embroidery Hoop Frames (we’ve made many gifts this way!)
How to make colorful melted beads suncatchers that are wonderful for displaying or gift giving. This is an easy and fast way to make melted bead suncatchers with a simple built-in frame.
Learn how to make a dazzling DIY fairy wand from plastic pony beads! These kids’ fairy wands make great gifts, party favors, and pretend play accessories!
Have you tried making melted pony bead suncatchers yet? What is your favorite idea or technique?
Pin It for Later