Create easy monster bread shapes with this whole-wheat bread dough recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups white wheat flour (or 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the honey, yeast and warm water in a bowl. Then add half of the flour. Mix this together and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Add in the salt, olive oil and the rest of the flour.
- Place the dough on the countertop or table and knead it for five minutes. As needed, add flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl and cover with either loose plastic wrap or a dish towel. Allow the dough to double in size.
- Finally, punch down the dough and shape into monsters!