Flower printing is a fun and beautiful nature art project for kids. And it can be done with just about any kind of paint!
Updated March 2022
Flower printing is a super fun nature art activity for kids of all ages! You don’t need any special art supplies for it, either.
Start by gathering flowers and leaves from your garden or backyard. Then you can use just about any kind of paint and paper you have on hand!
This is one of those activities where you’ll be joining in the fun right alongside your kids! Trust us!
How to Do Flower Printing with Kids
- paint (we used tempera, but you could use liquid watercolors, and we’d love to see how these neon colors look!)
- watercolor paper or other sturdy paper
- flowers and leaves
- pens or markers (optional)
- Gather your flowers and leaves
Take this opportunity and go for a nature walk. Cut and collect flowers and leaves, making sure to have a variety of textures.
- Prep your work area
Pour paint into shallow dishes or trays for easy dipping. You can also work on a tray, to keep things contained!
- Make your prints!
Carefully dip a flower into the paint, and then press onto your paper. Lift off the flower to reveal your print!
- Add details
Once your painting is dry, you can use a marker or pen to add details, or turn your flower prints into a picture, like this butterfly!
We love the way these flower prints came out! You can make them more abstract or use the flower prints to create a fun image, like the flowers in the vase.
Do you think you’ll try flower printing this spring?
More Flower Crafts for Kids
- Create Beautiful Flower Flags with Flower Pounding
- How to Make Fun Watercolor Doodle Flowers for Kids
- How to Set Up an Invitation to Create Using Flowers
- Flower Petal Stained Glass Door :: A Spring Flower Craft
- A Flower Suncatcher Craft for Kids
Want even more creative ideas?
Check out our Spring Creativity pack!
Let creativity blossom with this fun bundle of art activities perfect for Spring!! This 40-page printable eBook is full of coloring pages, drawing prompts, games, and more!
Pin It for Later