Celebrate the start of spring with these spring crafts kids will love, including flower crafts, spring recipes, and Easter crafts.
Updated February 2023
Here at the Artful Parent, we like to celebrate Spring by crafting together using the colors of the season:
The light greens of newly emerging leaves
Pinks all around us when the peonies are in bloom
The happy yellow of daffodils, sunshine, and fuzzy chicks
The bright blue of the spring sky!
There is so much to love about spring! And so many lovely themes and colors to incorporate into crafting.
Here’s a list of 21 spring crafts we have enjoyed over the years. We hope you and your kids will have just as much fun with them!
Spring Crafts for Kids
Suncatcher and Stained-Glass Crafts
1. Easter egg suncatchers made with contact paper, colored tissue paper, and ribbon
2. Make a magical 3D nature suncatcher with a cardboard box and contact paper.
3. Flower mandala suncatchers using a paper plate as a frame.
6. Flower crowns and necklaces with glowing flower jewels.
7. Flower fairy wings: Reuse the wire frame from a torn set of wings and make your own flower fairy wings using fresh or dried flowers.
8. Make giant 3D watercolor flowers with paper plates, crayons and watercolors.
9. Try easy flower crowns for kids from paper bags, flowers, and duct tape.
10. Make felt succulents (technically succulents aren’t flowers, but these are too cute not to mention!)
Birds, Eggs, and Nests Crafts and Recipes
11. A bird nest cake with ice cream eggs with the added touch of a kid-drawn bird.
12. Felting eggs for the nature table: Felting is always fun for kids.
13. Pretzel nests made with edible peanut butter playdough and pretzels. Peeps or Easter egg candy optional.
14. Color Easter eggs with bleeding tissue paper — both egg drawings on paper as well as real eggs.
15. Paint birdhouses and welcome birds in style.
16. Marble Easter eggs with Kool Aid for a lovely marbled effect!
17. Make garden wish flags to celebrate spring in the garden and encourage everything to grow well.
18. Make DIY beaded ornaments for your garden.
19. Try observational drawing the plants and vegetables above & below in the garden.
20. Make sun prints using flowers and leaves you gather from the garden.
21. Try one of these 7 Children’s Books for Spring (+ Creative Activities)
Want More Spring Art Ideas? Visit the Kids Art Spot where we have a Spring Arts and Crafts Bundle for Kids. This online collection for kids and families features 10 super fun springtime art activities, each with a step-by-step video tutorial and printable instructions, PLUS 10 spring-themed drawing prompts!
More Spring Craft Ideas
- 12 Spring Craft Ideas for Kids
- 30 Spring Activities for Kids (Arts & Crafts, Gardening & More!)
- 7 Children’s Books for Spring (+ Creative Activities)
- 8 Fun Easter Arts & Crafts Ideas for Kids this Spring
Pin It for Later