Here is the Top 20 blog posts for 2020 from The Artful Parent, including lots of sensory play, costume ideas, book suggestions, and ideas for family creativity!
This time of year, we spend time reflecting back along with looking forward to the upcoming year. As a team, we brainstorm upcoming content, set new goals and create vision boards. 2020 certainly wasn’t an easy year, but we hope your family is drawing closer together during this time and feel more connected over this past year.
Each year at The Artful Parent, we go into Google Analytics to see which posts published received the most page views. It’s fun for us to remember the content we created and maybe you’ll be reminded of a project to try with your family.
Without further ado, here is The Artful Parent’s Top 20 blog posts published in 2020!
Top 20 Blog Posts from 2020
1. 15 Amazing Air Dry Clay Art Projects for Kids
We think air dry clay is amazing (and a great way to engage kids who might not prefer other art projects with its tactile nature). Here’s our roundup of 15 favorite air dry clay projects to try with kids. Lots of beautiful ideas for keepsakes and gifts!
2. How to Make Aquafaba (A Taste-Safe Sensory Play Material for Kids)
Rachel Withers (our editorial manager) shares how to make aquafaba which is a fluffy, fun sensory play material for kids. This is a great taste-safe option for babies and toddlers!
3. 10 Things to do at Home with Kids Right Now
These are fun activities to do with kids at home–whether on school breaks or summer vacation, we think your family will enjoy these ideas!
4. 13 Nature Walk Activities for Kids (+ FREE Nature Scavenger Hunt Printable!)
Here are six nature walk activities for kids to do while out walking, hiking, or even just exploring the backyard. Plus seven more nature ideas for kids to try when back at home!
5. Baking Soda & Vinegar Science Experiments for Kids
Rachel Withers (our editorial manager) shares their version of this classic, hands-on learning activity combining science and art. Mix baking soda and vinegar for a fun and easy science experiment for kids.
6. How to Make Painted Paper Leaves for Kids
Create beautiful painted fall paper leaves and then assemble them together to create a fall paper tree. Perfect for decorating at home or a classroom during autumn.
7. How to Make Sunprints (& Who Was Anna Atkins?)
Rachel Withers shares how to make sunprints in just a few easy steps. And check out a beautiful book all about Anna Atkins, a botanist and early female photographer!
8. 10 Fall Sensory Play Activities for Kids (+ Taste Safe Too!)
Rachel Withers shares 10 amazing fall sensory play activities for kids that are taste safe, making them perfect for babies and toddlers.
9. 5 Holiday Books for Kids to Inspire Family Creativity
Anna Harpe of KidLitCrafts shares a list of some of her favorite holiday books for kids and arts & crafts project ideas to go with them. We think you’ll love both reading the books and the holiday crafts they inspire!
10. How to Make DIY Kids Costume from Recycled Materials
Danielle Falk from Little Ginger Studio shares a few simple techniques for making fabulous DIY kids costume with a variety of recycled materials. Perfect for Halloween, or anytime of year!
11. How to Make DIY Paper Wings for Kids
Danielle Falk from Little Ginger Studio shares how to make easy DIY paper wings for kids. These are great for use as part of a handmade kids costume idea or as a fun & imaginative creative play idea for kids!
12. How to Create a Hanging DIY Lantern (& Ideas for a Candlelit Nature Walk)
Rachel Jepson Wolf shows how to create a beautiful hanging DIY lantern with glass jars and go for a candlelit nature walk with family & friends. Project and post is from her book, The UnPlugged Family Activity Book.
13. 12 Creative DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids
An awesome roundup of our favorite DIY Halloween costumes for kids. Along with lots of creative costume ideas, don’t miss tutorials on how to make masks, wings & tails!
14. How to Make a 3D Rainbow Cardboard Sculpture for Kids
Danielle Falk of Little Ginger Studio shares how to make a rainbow cardboard sculpture for kids. This is a fun and easy 3D activity that kids will love to build!
15. Creative Learning Activities for Preschoolers
Kids are always learning through play, especially open-ended play. Jaime Herndon shares how she created her own customized summer camp with creative learning activities for her preschooler.
16. How to Draw Abstract Self Portraits for Kids in 6 Simple Steps
Lauren Signorelli of Artful Playhouse shows us how to draw abstract self portraits for kids in 6 simple steps! Then paint with watercolors to make the portraits pop!
17. A Fun Family Drawing Activity That Will Make Everyone Laugh!
Catalina Gutierrez of Redviolet Studio shares a fun family drawing activity for you to try. Create portraits by trading drawings and adding new features. This activity is a great way to explore creatively together.
18. Embroidery for Kids: Simple Stitching & Beading with Burlap
Rachel Withers (our editorial manager) shares how preschoolers can create amazing embroidery with this simple stitching and beading activity using burlap and plastic crochet needles.
19. Our Favorite Creative Gift Ideas for Toddlers & Preschoolers
The Artful Parent Team put together gift ideas especially for the toddlers and preschoolers! This gift guide includes games, puzzles, creative toys, open-ended building toys and of course, art supplies.
20. How to Create a Seasonal Home Library for Children
Anna from KidLitCrafts shares how to create a seasonal home library for children along with helpful ideas for fostering family reading rhythms.
Thank YOU for following along with us this year. We hope that you might gain new inspiration for creative art ideas to try with your family in 2021!
The Artful Parent Top 5 Blog Posts Ever!
- How to Make Homemade Bubbles
- Our Top 10 All-Time Favorite Art Activities for Kids
- How to Do Raised Salt Painting
- How to Make Melted Bead Suncatchers
- The Best Cherry Pie Recipe Ever (+ video)
Pin It for Later