An art pen pal update

Just so you know where I am with this:

I matched everyone up last night and have started sending out e-mails with pen pal match info. This is a bit time consuming and I'm working my way through the list slowly, as I have time, beginning with the younger kids. If you've received an e-mail regarding one of your children, but not the others, please be patient. I should have the others to you soon(ish). I will work on this tonight as much as I can, and this weekend. FYI, Maia has dental surgery tomorrow (ugh!), so I doubt I'll get much of anything done tomorrow.

Also, if you sent me an e-mail today regarding an art pen pal, I will try to match up your child.

Comments

1. Lynelle says

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into setting up the penpals! I can’t wait to get started. Will you post anything regarding instructing the first pen-pal correspondence?
    How does Maia do at the dentist? Any tips?

Thank YOU! I can only imagine what a time consuming process this must be. Looking forward to seeing what comes from this exchange. I had a lot of international pen pals when I was in middle school, so I am very excited about my kids starting to do this now. Thank you again. And sending lots of comforting thoughts to you and Maia.

3. Maria Ledoux says

Hi,
    What a great idea!
    If I’m not too late, I’d love to get an art-pal for one of my younger children. Marie-Kate is 5.5 and spends most of her time drawing and painting and talking. Then there’s Alexis, who will be 8 in February, who really only began to enjoy art about 18 months ago, now he’s a perfectionist. Finally, Gabrielle, she’s 9.5 and she adores art, reading, poetry. They are all bilingual (French/English).
    Hope to hear from you,
    Thanks,
    Maria

I can imagine what an enormous job this must be. Thank you so much time for using so much of your time to set up the art pen pal exchange. Your hard work and efforts are greatly appreciated.

5. Amanda M. says

Thank you so much for putting so much of your precious time into this project! Good luck with Maia!

6. jayme says

thank you so much for all of the time, effort and love you put into the art pen pal project and helping us all become more creative parents. You are truly an inspiration! May Maya’s surgery and recovery go smoothly.

7. Kathleen says

Thank you so much for all your hard work with this pen pal arrangement. Such a generous gift of time. Margaret and I already worked on something for her pal yesterday…some fingerpainted leaves.
    Hugs to Maia!