Fall Leaf Decorations :: Make a Leaf Mandala for Your Wall

Fall Leaf Decorations - Make a Leaf Mandala for the Wall

Look what we’ve been doing with our pretty doodled leaves! Arranging (and rearranging) them into leafy mandalas and other designs on our living room wall.

I’ll share a few photos of our fall leaf decorations, then I’m going to call it a night and go finish reading The Hunger Games!

Fall Leaf Mandala5

We used this removable mounting putty to attach the leaves. So easy! Just a tiny piece was all we needed for each leaf. I haven’t used this much at all in the past but will definitely start using it more for hanging art up temporarily. I think the packet cost $1.99 so it was cheap, as well as effective.

Fall Leaf Decorations - Make a Leaf Mandala for the Wall

We all got into arranging the leaves. Luckily they are both flexible and strong enough to be handled repeatedly, thanks to the coat of Mod Podge.

Fall Leaf Mandala

And beautiful, of course.

Fall Leaf Mandala

I just love these leaves! Love that we took something so full of natural beauty and were able to add our own creative stamp to them.

How about you? Have you been making any fall leaf decorations or autumn leaf art? Share, share!

Comments

so great! This morning we went out and bought some silver sharpies and modge podge (I really have ever other craft item except that–strangely!) and did this to the leaves we’ve been collecting.
    This was a fun craft to do with my two kids. Thanks for the inspiration. We needed it–dad is gone on a business trip and everyone’s cranky! :)
    Sarah M

2. Karen says

So gorgeous! I read your posts quite a lot but never comment, even though I find them very inspiring. These leaves look so beautiful, I just had to let you know I love the way they look!

3. Rachel says

joe is sitting on my lap currently begging to go to your house after seeing these pics. :)
    and i’ve been lusting after mod podge for wks now b/c of you. totally forgot to pick some up after my big trip there last wk. gracious. again soon! or can you pick me up some on your next trip? i’ll give you $ or canvases! (with interest! ;) )

This is so beautiful – both the drawings on the leaves and the way you guys arranged them in mandala fashion!
    We love making leaf art but sadly our fall leaves don’t wear those riot of colours that they do in your part of the world… :(
    Nevertheless, we keep making some leaf art every now and then. Made these leaf decoupage candle holders that I posted just today :)

That is just gorgeous! I might have to try that putty too. Tape doesn’t always work so well.
    We made a “give thanks” banner just yesterday and I blogged about it today. It’s so pretty. Homemade decorations are the best! :)

6. Kristine says

I love your use of Mod Podge. I am going to go get some tomorrow and use them on the glorious ginko and maple leaves.
    We have been tracing leaves on to construction paper and then cutting them out and drawing on them. We are simply stringing them up or tossing them on the dining room table as a centerpiece.

Thanks. I wish I had time to write our blog also in English. Just to let you know I mentioned your leaf printing tutorial in our Leaf girland post.

8. Erinn says

curious if the leaves are pressed first or just collected and then modge podge applied? does modge podge go on before or after you draw on them?