13 Thanksgiving arts and crafts for families with a focus on connecting and celebrating the season together in a meaningful way.
Updated September 2022
With Thanksgiving and then the Christmas holidays upon us, it’s time for a little extra family connection and celebration. We can do this through holiday and November crafts, meaningful activities, and tasty Autumnal foods.
While this time of year can tend towards busy or hectic, it also provides an opportunity to gather our family and friends around us, pull them in close, and connect through creativity. It’s also an opportunity to celebrate what we are thankful for, the seasons, the beauty of the natural world, the holidays, and old and new family traditions.
Here is a list of Thanksgiving arts and crafts, and recipes, to refer to as a reminder and reference for myself and also for you, in case you too want to be a little extra thoughtful about connecting and celebrating together this year?
13 November Crafts and Activities for Families
1. Make a thankful bunting together.
3. Discuss family traditions, history, and preferences. If you need some engaging prompts, try this conversation starter pack.
4. Make thankful stones. Start with melted crayon rocks and write what you are thankful for on each with a black Sharpie marker.
5. Experiment with different ways to draw turkeys (and other seasonal images).
6. Make a thankful banner to hang by your dinner table (from Art Bar Blog).
8. Get started making some thoughtful homemade gifts for your friends and family.
10. Start making salt dough ornaments for the Christmas tree (or for whatever holiday you celebrate!).
12. Make DIY lanterns and take them on a family lantern walk on a chilly evening.
13. Celebrate your family through a family photo card (take the pic now!).
Hopefully some of these ideas are helpful reminders of something you’d like to do this month and perhaps some will be the start of new family traditions for you.
More Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
- 30+ Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
- How to Make a Thanksgiving Handprint Art Garland
- How to Make a Thanksgiving Garland for Kids
- How to Make a Gratitude Tree for Kids
- How to Create a Seasonal Home Library for Children
Autumn Arts & Crafts Ideas & Supplies
Download our FREE printable idea list of 30+ Thanksgiving activities for kids & families! Or check out the blog post with the links. So many fun ideas for the season!
And be sure to check out our FALL family fun list in our Amazon store! It includes supplies for fall arts & crafts, autumn toys, Halloween ideas, and picture books about autumn.
And if you want even MORE Fall craft ideas, check out our Fall Arts and Crafts Workshop at the Kids Art Spot, our kids art club. You’ll get 10 videos of fun Fall art activities PLUS 10 seasonal drawing prompts!
Pin It for Later