Sisters and 500 posts

JeansPics_02-2010_Pic1430

Maia, 4.5 years, and Daphne, 5.5 months

I am so, so thankful to have both of these wonderful girls! As they say, the time is flying by. Wasn't Daphne just born?! It seems like yesterday… And now Daphne is laughing at Maia's antics every day. And just this morning Maia was "reading" stories to Daphne while I took a shower. I'm really looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops over time.

Oh, and, according to Typepad, this is my 500th post! Wow. That's a lot of blathering on the subject of children's art and other fun stuff. One of these days I think I'll have Blurb slurp my blog into one of those blog books. I've been blogging for over two years now — maybe I should get one done for each year. Sort of as a hard copy memento. Have any of you done this? Just curious how it works out.

Comments

Wow, Jean, those are some gorgeous girls you have there!
    And OMG how cool is that Blurb tool? I’m going to go try it right now. I have an old LiveJournal account that needs to be made into a hard copy before it’s too late to do so. Thanks so much for the tip!

Your girls are so lovely…and we are so fortunate that you have shared with us 500 posts about them and your life! Congrats on the milestone!
    I’ve been contemplating the blog-book for awhile now too and look forward to hearing what your commenters have to say. Let us know if you get it done – I’m anxious to see how those turn out!

3. Terje says

Thank you for blogging. Looking forward to the next 500 posts.
    I wish you and your family lots of laughter and love.
    A reader from Estonia.

Jean, they are so cute. Isn’t it lovely to have these precious little sweets in our lives? Congrats on post 500. I think a book is a great idea, let us know how it comes out if you do it.

Congratulations! Your girls are gorgeous. My husband and I are thinking about #2 – perhaps. Our son will be 3 in July, so the age diff. would be similar to Maia and Daphne.
    I looked into Blurb too. I was ready to do it – but my blog is hosted on my husband’s server. I am not @ WordPress or Typepad even though I use a WordPress theme. So, it’s a bit more time consuming. And as you can imagine with a 2 1/2 year old, not at the top of my priority list. But making collages today was! And we made heart-shaped crayons yesterday!

Hi Jean, it’s always a pleasure to stop here. You have two wonderful girls, the hair of your little one is amazing.
    Greetings from Germany, Micha

I just made a blurb book a month or so ago. It looks really great and my kids love looking through it at my old posts and pictures! I need to do another one soon. I have two more years worth of posts to archive on hard copy. The price is pretty reasonable too.

I’ve been considering doing a blurb book for a year or so. I read about SouleMama doing it and I’ve seen a few other bloggers do it too. I hope you’ll share your experience if you decide to do it.