July 4th is almost here and since we like to celebrate any and all holidays with creative projects as much as anything else (yummy food! fireworks!), I thought I’d share some ideas for kid-friendly patriotic art projects. Some of these we’ve done ourselves, many of these brilliant ideas are from other blogs.
First, of all, you know you can turn any favorite art activity into a patriotic one by using red, white, and blue paint (or collage materials, drawing materials, etc), right? Some favorites that would work especially well are:
- Spin Art
- Marble Rolling
- Shaving Cream Marbling
- Watercolor fireworks and suns (drag a toothpick through a puddle of watercolor paint)
- Watercolor and Salt Painting
But here some especially good art projects for the 4th of July (or any other time you might want something extra Patriotic)!
11 Fun Patriotic Art Projects for Kids
1. Patriotic Firework Paintings (on Inner Child Fun)
3. Simple Cut Paper American Flag Craft (on Housing a Forest)
4. Make Splat Art Fireworks Paintings (on Fun-A-Day)
5. Spin Painted Noisemaker (on No Time for Flashcards)
6. 4th of July Fireworks Blow Art (on My Mix of Six)
7. Make a Star Wand with Red, White & Blue
8. Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks Craft for Kids (on Crafty Morning)
9. Salt Fireworks Art Project for Kids (on Crafty Morning)
10. Spin Art Streamers (on Hands on As We Grow)
We’re making flag art today and Maia has put in a special request for the patriotic popsicles we’ve made in the past.
How about you?
Which patriotic art projects will you do with your kids?
P.S. If you liked this post, you might enjoy my weekly ARTletter. Sign up here for creativity delivered straight to your inbox.