I shared a bunch of pretend play ideas in my newsletter yesterday, and then realized that it would be fun to do a post about craft ideas for kids that can then be used for pretend play.
You know, for double the fun.
First, get creative making something, whether a cardboard dollhouse, a unicorn from a tp roll, or some melted crayon rocks, then get creative playing with it.
And we all know how important kids’ play is, right?!
“Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning.” – Mr. Rogers
And that’s just one of many reasons play is important!
So here are more than 21 fun things for kids to make and then play with. (Many of these make great gifts, too, from one kid to another…)
Craft Plus Pretend Play :: 21+ Craft Ideas for Kids
- Fashion a dollhouse from a cardboard box then play house.
- Make your own flower fairy dolls to play with. (You can even make a fairy house!)
- Make story story stones then act or tell out stories with them.
- Try melted crayon rocks (one of our very favorites!) then use them for playing store, house, sorting, literacy, etc.
- Follow this tutorial to make flower fairy wings or this one for pretty cardboard wings.
- And melt some pony beads into DIY Fairy wands.
- Make a big batch of playdough together
- Then set up a play kitchen or try some small world playdough play or even use it to create a natural habitat.
- Dye your own playsilks with Kool-Aid or get creative with a tie-dye kit.
- Make fresh flower crowns and necklaces. (Or use colored tissue paper.)
Any other craft ideas for kids that double for pretend play? If you have any family or classroom favorites, please share them in the comments below!
Pin It for Later