Art. Kids. Its beautiful to watch the doors to a life of creativity open for our kids!
Our toddlers are beginning their life’s adventure with creativity. Every day has something new for them to explore, manipulate and create. These are just a few of the pre-art activities that our kids have enjoyed.
- Play with your toddler using a muffin tin and toy balls.
- Play with pompoms – try blowing them across the floor.
- It's Playtime! Create an invitation to play in a bag.
- Play with Petals in a floating bouquet.
- Make bracelets from cut up straws. Great for Fine Motor development!
- Make collages and art together.
- Make tracks in playdough with your toy animals.
- Practice pouring with your child. Give them a pitcher and some cups.
- Create a basket of play items for your preschooler to create with.
- Make a fruit necklace for your child to snack on.
Looking for more ways to play?
- Check out this list of Activities for 2 year olds.
- Here is a great place to find a wide range of art projects for kids of all ages.
Do you have a toddler or young preschooler?
What activities did you do with them to help inspire and unlock their innate creativity? We’d love to hear about them in the comments or on the Artful Parent facebook wall.
Rachel Miller is a former high school economics teacher turned into a kids play enthusiast. She loves to enjoy her 6 kids and explore the world with them. Rachel blogs at KidsActivitiesBlog.com