Pretzel hearts – stretching the Valentine theme!

JeansPics_02-2010_Pic0571

Maia and I made these yummy pretzels again yesterday to go with our soup dinner. We made them in heart shapes for Valentine's Day. Not that you can tell. They just look like pretzels. And maybe the heart thing is getting out of hand. But it was fun!

Maia's wearing a cute top that her aunt and uncle sent as a Valentine's gift. And a matching headband from a friend. She looked so darn cute that I had to take pics. (And you thought it was because of the pretzels!)

JeansPics_02-2010_Pic0566

JeansPics_02-2010_Pic0585

JeansPics_02-2010_Pic0590

Comments

Those look so yummy. The problem I have is that I tend to eat them all in one sitting because they are not as good the next day. Do you have any suggestions for keeping them nice and fresh?

I just pulled them out of the oven and they are amazing. We had a great afternoon rolling snakes and shaping them first into big smiles, and then pulling the ends inward. The egg wash was also lots of fun. And we ground some pepper on Daddy’s pretzel.
    Thank you for the terrific suggestion!

These look wonderful. I’ve been intimidated by pretzels because of the extra step of boiling them which is really silly. We should try these very soon. My girls would love rolling them into snakes.

We have loved these every since you first gave us the recipe! Thank you so much!!! We are going to make hearts as well. We also eat them in one setting! We tried putting them in a sandwhich bag and they got all soggy.

5. Melissa says

Thanks For the wonderful recipe and activity! My 3 1/2 year old and I made them today and it was so much fun rolling, stretching, shaping, boiling, brushing the eggs on, baking them and then eating them!! My husband loves pretzels so it makes a great valentine treat for him! You are AWESOME!

We will be making these heart shaped pretzels for Little J’s preschool Valentine’s party. What a great idea. Thanks